- By 2020, it is expected that some 750,000 new positions related to digital marketing will be opened only in the United Kingdom, which will have 700,000 professionals in the area next year.
- All estimates say there will not be enough professionals to meet this demand.
- This gives people who are studying digital marketing a unique competitive advantage – they are preparing for a career where demand exceeds supply. Digital offers an opportunity for sustained economic growth, but this will only happen if we become a nation (United Kingdom) of business and digitally prepared people.”
Benefit from more professional options
- As a relatively new area, almost all companies are expanding their digital arms.
- Established Corporations such as P & G, GE, and Coca-Cola continue to expand their teams of “digital” professionals while others such as Google, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn continue to open offices in Latin America and other parts of the world, offering different positions and opportunities for professionals in these branches.
- With such availability of options, digital marketing professionals can afford to choose the company they want to work for.
- It is common for those engaged in digital marketing work an average of 2 years in each company, since the opportunities and offers to move to others are attractive and come often.
Earn more money than others
- You already know that the demand is higher than the supply in the world of digital marketing.
- Following the laws of the economy: the higher the demand, the price of the product increases.
- When you work in a high demand industry, you can consider yourself a “commodity” and negotiate your salary according to what you think.
- Also, many companies are willing to give you more benefits such as more vacations, opportunities to work remotely, and so on.
- A recent study found that digital Prosperity wages grew much faster in 2014 than in any previous year and the pace will accelerate in the coming years.